Selecting the kids paint brushes is essential in every return to class so that children go with all their tools to their new school year.
Keeping young students engaged in daily school activities is perhaps a difficult task. When it comes to drawing and coloring, it’s a bit simpler because children generally love art.
In this sense, parents should focus on guaranteeing all school supplies to their children so that the beginning of classes is enjoyable and full of fun.
What are the types of brushes?
The brush despite being a fairly simple instrument is composed of different elements:
- The handle: is where the artist is going to grab the instrument, it should be as ergonomic and comfortable as possible so that its manipulation is simple. The length will depend a lot on the function of the brush, the short-handled ones are usually used to paint with watercolor and the long-handled ones to paint with oil or acrylic. Usually, the handle is made of wood, the more layers of lacquer the handle carries, the better quality it is and the more durable.
- The bristles: are one of the most important elements, in ancient times they used to be animal hair but currently, they are manufactured with synthetic bristles to prevent animal abuse. Many artists prefer animal hair while others work with synthetics without problems. This depends a lot on the taste of each particular artist and the finish that is achieved according to each technique to use.
- The splint: is the connection between the handle and the hair, usually, they have glue or a weld, that connection must be of quality because if not the bristles of the brush will come off.
What are the sizes of the brushes?
Whatever the shape of the brush can be obtained in different sizes to vary the thickness of the ink and finishes. The lower the number, the thinner the thickness of the bristles.
Round-nose brushes come in the following sizes: 4/0, 3/0, 2/0, 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 24. ( Ordered from the finest to the thickest).
Flat-tip brushes come in the following sizes: 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 24. (Also, from the finest to the thickest)
BEST JUMBO PAINT BRUSH SETS FOR KIDS
1. Set of 10 kids paint brushes for beginners
For small beginners, this option is fabulous since its handles are easy to grip and so the little ones can quickly adapt to their handling. Also, thick bristles favor artists who are starting in the art world since painting will be easy to apply.
Designed to offer genuine and quality products at low cost that meet school requirements and ensure safety for parents and educators while children use them and build their wonders.
- The game brings 10 coloring brushes.
- Its design is thick bristles to create large and striking designs.
- Each brush base comes with different colors to code each brush for some specific use.
- Option for a tight budget but covering basic school needs.
- They have grip guides so that children can orient themselves when taking them by the hand and making the strokes.
- It is multifunctional, it can be used as a coloring brush, as a glue applicator, to remove enamels and any other function deemed appropriate.
2. Big paint brush set with easy-grip handles
Ergonomically designed for smaller artists, their handles are designed in such a way that small hands can grab them without problems, can draw quietly and allow them to safely control the drawing tool.
Ideal tool to develop and reinforce strong art and painting skills. Its structure can be easily washed with soap and water, its high-quality bristles and handle guarantee that they will not deteriorate when washed whenever needed.
- The package has 4 brushes, these are made with giant tips.
- They are stored in a practical packing bag that allows them to be properly protected and used to transport them safely.
- Recommended for children from 2 to 4 years beginners in painting and art activities.
3. Jumbo paint brush set for watercolor paints
The brushes that come in this option have a round shape, are made of wood with metallic effect and their splints are silver. The base of the body has vibrant and prominent colors, each brush has a different color in its base to differentiate them from each other.
The large size of the main brush allows large strokes to be made perfect for signs, billboards and create craft projects where wide straight lines are required to generate attractive and innovative designs.
- There are 2 presentations available: the classified option consisting of a pack of 4 brushes and the multiple option consisting of 2 packages of 4 brushes each.
- The 4 brushes vary from ½ diameter and descend to 1/8 inch.
- Soft bristles allow them to be used with washable paints, acrylic paints, and tempera paints.
- It allows the artist to choose the thickness and detail of each stroke according to the 4 different tips of each brush.
4. 16 pieces of flat tip big paint brush with plastic handle
The perfect size for small children’s hands, ideal for them to start in the art world and gain interest in it through painting and color. The package includes 16 pieces of brushes with colorful handles.
- The bristles of the brush are adjusted to this using seamless aluminum splints.
- Its design is special thinking of small hands, so its structure is easy to grip to allow proper handling by beginners.
- Natural pig bristles can absorb a large amount of paint which facilitates the work of the artist by not having to recharge it constantly with paint.
- The colors of the handles of each brush are bright and prominent.
- Its maintenance is quite easy, just by soaking them in warm water and using soap to remove the paint, it is enough to keep them intact and ready for their next use.
5. 15 pieces of watercolor brush with carrying case
Wonderful option that offers 15 different units of brushes to create works of art with paint. Perfect for those slightly more experienced artists who require brushes of different thicknesses to refine details, draw lines and achieve specific effects.
- The splints of each brush are not released thanks to a special glue located at the junction of the bristles and the wood.
- The bristles of the brush do not come off easily thanks to the nylon with which they are made so the artist will not have the unpleasant experience of drawing with bristles in the paint.
- They can be submerged in water if problems for up to 48 hours thanks to the 3 layers of glue and coating they have on the head of the wood.
- The variety of brush sizes allows the artist to satisfy and perform any detailed painting and specific technique.
- The case with which the brushes come is fantastic, not only serves to store and transport the brushes from one place to another but also serves as an emerging support while drawing.
- The package comes with 3 wonderful accessories: 2 sponges and a spatula to favor artistic work.
6. Pack of 10 units of round tip jumbo paint brush
Perfect for beginners and more experienced children. It is a high-quality product that offers greater durability compared to other brushes and guarantees that the bristles will not peel off after several uses. They are used for watercolor, nail, facial, body, acrylic, ceramic, gesso, handmade paintings, among others.
- The set includes 10 pieces of paint brushes with different sizes: 2/0, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 5/8.
- The length of the brushes varies from 6.5 to 7.3 inches approximately.
- The splints of the brushes are made with seamless nickel so they do not break or rust.
- They can be easily washed and will not deteriorate with frequent washing.
- The wood finish is smooth so that it is comfortable to touch and manipulation during the execution of the drawing.
- The handle of each brush is short for greater control over the tool and to facilitate fine-tuning of details.
- Considering that each package has 10 units of brushes, only 1 package or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 packages can be chosen.
- To perform maintenance on the brushes simply place them under warm water and with your fingers gently move the bristles until all the rest of the paint is completely removed.
- The bristles will maintain their shape after washing and will remain soft and flexible.
7. 16 flat and round watercolor brush with gift paint base
Wonderful set of paint with 16 pieces to draw and create varied designs. The brushes are flat and round, ideal for children over 3 years of age who want to dabble in the art world. The base of the brushes come in different colors to be able to differentiate them from each other and select them for specific activities if desired.
The easy handle design of the brushes is perfect for beginners as they allow children to control the tool and facilitate the application of the paint while they are drawing.
- The package includes 8 round brushes, 8 flat brushes, and 1 white plastic paint tray that comes as a gift.
- The bristles of the brushes are very good for absorbing pigments, so artists will not have to dip the brush frequently for refilling.
- Brushes are easy to clean with soap and warm water.
- The tray that comes as a gift is made of plastic and is easy to transport due to its lightweight. It has 6 holes to place 6 different colors.
- The handle of each brush is made of wood.
- The length of the brushes is approximately 6.5 inches.
- The gift tray measures approximately 4.7 x 3.35 x 0.6 inches.
To elaborate a little on the importance of the quality of the brushes and on the care that should be given to them, the following material has much to contribute: home-dzine.co.za
1. What aspects to consider when choosing a brush?
Sometimes buying an item without much thought just because it is economical can be very expensive in the end.
The first thing that should be clear is that you must select the specific brushes for the type of paint to be used. Fortunately, in the market, you can find different types of brushes ranging from the most economical to the most expensive, of different qualities, shape, type of bristle, handle, size, splint among other elements.
The important thing is to identify the correct type of brush for the technique or the type of paint to be used; that is, if the artist is going to work with watercolor paint, he should look for a specific brush for watercolor paint, if the artist is going to work with oil paint, then he should realize that the brush is for oil paintings.
There are options of brushes that are used for different techniques, in that case, it must be verified that the manufacturer so specifies it on the label or information that come in the product specifications to be able to buy it safely and ensure that the brush is suitable for the use that you plan to give.
2. How to clean the brushes so they always remain in good condition?
In general, each manufacturer must specify how to perform maintenance on the brushes properly as this will depend a lot on the materials with which they are manufactured but usually they are easily cleaned simply.
Most can be easily cleaned with warm water and mild soap, it is advisable to let the brushes soak a little so that the ink softens a little.
You have to be aware of the soaking time, some brushes are resistant and can be left soaked for hours while others are not.
Crayola Finger Paints and Jumbo Paint Brushes from Ogalala
Inspiration and creation
Art inspires and encourages creativity and communication especially in younger children who are just beginning to adapt to tasks, routines, and new responsibilities. Providing students with the right tools such as kids’ paint brushes is essential so that they feel motivated and can be integrated into these school activities and achieve all academic goals.
Whether you are kids in Preschool, Kindergarten, Middle School or High School, the School Shopping List website aims to help all students, teachers, and parents to find and buy best back to school supplies for both kids and adults. (check our other recent lists Best Pencil Erasers, Pencil Case for Girls And Boys, Jumbo Colored Pencils, Jumbo Crayons, Watercolor Paint) Thanks for reading and sharing our Whiteboard Marker Pens. For more visit our home page. Happy Schooling!